Saturday, August 11, 2007

i recant my previous statements

... regarding "king of queens."

i think it may have been harmony who labeled it "genuis" and i scoffed. but i think harmony would be the first to admit that she uses the "genius" label rather liberally, and so i think i just assumed it was another lame sitcom.

NOT TRUE.

kevin james has got to be the most likeable guys on television, and it's a shame i'm realizing it now, after the show's just ended.

a couple weekends ago, i hurt my head, and my sweetie had to take me to the emergency room. perhaps i'll blog a more detailed account of this later. anyway, she and i had just recently confessed our love of this show to each other, and we watched several episodes in our hospital room, while i was waiting to have tests done.

to show a tiny inkling of my appreciation to her for taking care of me, i bought her season one on dvd. it's rocked our world. doug, carrie, and aurthur are like my favorite people, and i could watch it forever. last night i had a dream that beck and i were ourselves, but somehow i knew she was actually carrie and i was doug. it was fun, if not a bit pathetic.

9 more seasons to go. maybe i do like catching on to a good thing a little late.

watch it and love it.

also, we're starting from the beginning with "6 feet under" and, even though i've seen them all before, i'm in love all over again.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I thought it was going to be dumb too, but it is pure genius!

Unknown said...

maybe i should start over with six feet under too...and i like the word "recant" maybe i should use it more. this blog is damn INSPIRATIONAL i tell you.

-->sarah

p.s. i watched the king of queens a lot when i lived alone and didnt have cable. it has a special place in my heart. i spoke more freely of my strange attraction to the wive actress (cant remember her name) before her scientologist exploits were widely known. she has that bitchy sex appeal yes? anyone? nevermind..